Have you ever wished you could edit and change configurations directly from the dashboard? I have excellent news then, as your wish will soon come true thanks to Cloud Configuration. This update contains some of the essentials for this feature, with the live version coming soon! Stability improvements and several bug fixes await you! All this, and more in the newest BitNinja version (V3.2.10)!
This release note is a special one, as it composites several previous agent updates as well, namely 3.2.5, 3.2.6, 3.2.7, 3.2.8 and 3.2.9.
Most systems will automatically update, if you have specific settings or applications preventing automatic updates, you can follow our documentation on how to proceed to have the latest version installed.
This is what all the fuss is about:
Fixed redirections and other firewall rules sometimes missing during startup.
- This ensures stability for our firewall. 🙂
Local configurations are synced with the API automatically (CloudConfig).
- I promised Cloud Configuration updates, here they are!
Added new SenseLog rules capable of detecting spammer bots and malicious web requests.
- You can read more, and stay up to date with our Threat Management team's latest updates by clicking here.
Communication no longer switches to HTTP randomly.
- During our previous big update, we have changed our messaging with the API. An old piece of code contained a bug where the agent randomly switched to HTTP connection randomly from the new, significantly more stable connection.
Fixed the issue where some commands got lost.
- Are you annoyed by that one friend who always forgets to reply to one of your texts and then acts like nothing's happened? Yeah, so are we! Now this is exactly the case with the agent, we have taught it to always politely reply to our texts. 🙂
Fixed an issue that caused the AntiFlood module to be unavailable through the CLI.
- While minor, still a bugfix none the less, you can now enable/disable AntiFlood from the CLI.
Fixed the proxy_read_timeout migration sometimes duplicating the config option in the Nginx config.
The newest BitNinja version (V3.2.10) introduced the initial requirements for Cloud Configuration (full release coming soon) alongside several bugfixes and new SenseLog rules against bots. Exciting times!
If you'd like to read more about previous release notes, you can 🔎find them here. Alternatively, if you would like to see your feature request show up here, don't forget to cast your🙋♂️Vote.